Early Preschool | 2 to 3 Years
Our Step-Up Program Prepares Your Child for Preschool
Being two is a special time in life. Your child wants to exert independence, but still needs to know there’s a caring adult who has their back.
Our early preschool teachers balance these needs in our Step-Up Early Preschool Program by providing a more structured environment that offers room for exploration, learning and fun. Our early preschool program responds to your child’s natural curiosity and assists during this important transition from toddlerhood to preschool.
Early Preschool Program focuses on:
- Building independence
- Emotional development
- Decision-making skills
- Introducing interactive circle time
- Introducing screen-based technology
- Hands-on STEAM learning
In our Step-Up classroom:
- When your child shows they are developmentally ready to start potty-training, your teacher will partner with you to create consistency from school to home.
- Stories, songs, teacher-led experiences and an engaging classroom environment help support the development of your child’s brain, gross motor skills, body and social-emotional skills.
- Our curriculum helps your child build on the skills developed in their first 2 years of life.
- Spanish and sign language are integrated into the classroom to make learning a global experience.
- Our Character Counts literacy program uses children’s stories to help your child develop important literacy skills and explore character development.
STEAM learning tools in the early preschool classroom:
- Inspire touch-screen interactive learning table
- Light table in science area
- Circuit set
What is my child learning?
- To identify and name emotions
- To string three or four words together in more complex sentences
- To respond to simple questions
- To identify and name common shapes
- To copy simple movement patterns
- To use materials together with other children
- To anticipate events in familiar stories
- To notice and describe how objects are alike and how they are different
All Foundations schools provide:
- Security cameras in all classrooms
- Photo and video updates with our mobile app
- Nationally-recognized curriculum with STEAM emphasis
- Innovative technology for early childhood classrooms
- School-readiness, literacy, Spanish and sign language programs
- Inviting classrooms with state-of-the-art playgrounds