Planning for Your First Day at Foundations
Welcome. We can’t wait to get to know you and your family!
A child’s first day can be full of excitement and a little anxiety. This guide is intended to make this process as easy as possible for everyone, so let’s get started!
What should my child wear?
- Your child should wear comfortable, seasonally-appropriate clothes that can get dirty.
- For your child’s safety, only sneakers with a skid-resistant sole are permitted. Crocs, sandals, flip-flops and boots are not permitted (no matter how adorable, children can easily slip and fall while playing).
- Please do not send your child to school with necklaces, hoop or dangling earrings due to the risk of having these items accidentally pulled or caught during play.
What should I bring?
- Please bring at least one complete change of seasonally-appropriate clothing, labeled with your child’s name.
- Bring a family photo we can display! We want our classrooms to reflect our families.
- If your child is in the toddler, preschool or Pre-K classrooms, you may bring a small blanket for quiet time.
What is the process for dropping off my child?
- Use the front door code provided by your Center Director to enter our school.
- Once you arrive, sign-in your child using the iPad in our lobby. Your Center Director will provide you with log-in instructions.
- Accompany your child to the classroom, and ensure a teacher is aware of your arrival.
What should I know about my child’s classroom?
- Place belongings in your child’s classroom cubby for safekeeping. This space is also used for letters or progress reports to take home.
- Check your classroom’s communication board for lesson plans, calendars and menus. Your teacher will also post classroom activities, so please check to keep informed about what your child is working on!
What is the process for picking up my child?
- Please pick up your child from the classroom.
- Sign-out using the iPad in our lobby.
- Because we are open from early morning to late evening, our teachers have varying shifts. For this reason, you may see different teachers in your classroom in the afternoon.
Do I need to bring food?
- No! We serve a healthy breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack prepared on-site daily.
- Our menus are planned by a licensed nutritionist and follow recommendations provided by the USDA. Our menu is posted in advance, so you’ll always know what is being served.
- We always provide a vegetarian option.
Do you have a mobile app?
- Yes! Get photos and videos of your child, updates on diapering, naps, meals, and activities, daily reports, menus, calendars and receive weather closing alerts.
- Get updates via text, email or app notification.
- Ask your Center Director for details on how to get started today!
What if I have other questions?
Please ask us! We’d love to hear from you!